Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Baby's First Christmas (Part 3)

As a parent or a grandparent, another great tradition that can be started at Baby's First Christmas is the giving of Christmas ornaments. Every year you give the child a Christmas ornament and by the time they leave home, they have a nice collection to put on their own tree that first Christmas.

My sister began this tradition with each of her daughters. She had no particular theme in mind ... just wanted them to have a fun and memorable collection of their own ... and something they could look forward to each Christmas. Some of them have the girl's name on them, some of them have the year, some of them are sports-themed or Disney-type characters, and some have other meanings.

When the oldest daughter moved into her own place, she bought some basic ornaments and decorations for her tree. But it was with pride and fond memories (and maybe a few tears) that she was able to hang all the ornaments that her mom had bought for her throughout the years. And now that she has kids of her own, she is carrying on the tradition and giving them an ornament every year.

You can find special ornaments anywhere. Your local stores have plenty of selections, pick them up when you are vacationing somewhere, or you can also browse two of my online favorites, Personalization Mall and Personal Creations.

2 Comments:

Blogger Derek Rydall said...

Whoa, there are a lot of bloggers! I was looking for things related to screenwriting organizations, and ended up here. Not sure why. But it's all very interesting in blogland. I'm a screenwriter, script consultant, and author...so I'm always on the lookout for good writing, interesting people, and new ideas. Anyway...thanks!

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Christmas gift for a mom said...

Hi Aunt Libby,

I am a writer and I research gift ideas for e-books on original gift ideas for Christmas and other events like Valentine's, Easter etc. I also organize gift ideas per receiver, like for babies, for kids, for teens, for grandparents, for dog lovers, for him, for her, etc Or I organize them by category like romantic gifts and inexpensive gifts. In my research I also go through blogs that mention gifts and gift ideas or events like Christmas. That is how I came upon your blog Baby's First Christmas (Part 3). I would appreciate if you would share just one successful gift idea with me, for instance a Christmas gift for a teen. I hope that my question doesn't annoy you. And I apologize if it does. I thought if I'd just ask enough people I'd wind up with plenty of good ideas to share with others again. That is what networking is all about, right? Or let's call it the spirit of Christmas. Let me know if I can do something for you. You can find my free e-books with gift ideas here: http://www.100mostoriginalgiftideas.com. God bless.

Chevalier Blanc

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home