Friday, October 07, 2005

And Today Is ... ?

What day is today? Don't know? Well, just check your calendar.

How many times do we look at a calendar throughout the year? Countless times ... several times a week, probably everyday. Every time you need to make an appointment, you look at the calendar. To check what day of the month it is, or what your busy schedule shows for tomorrow, you look at the calendar. Regardless of the reason, we all use a calendar on a regular basis.

But how interesting is the picture on your calendar? Is it something you enjoy looking at, or is it of so little consequence that you don't even know the theme of your calendar? If you're going to be looking at the calendar so many times throughout the year, why not make it of a subject you enjoy. And why not share that subject as a Christmas gift?

Years ago, my mother gave me a calendar for Christmas. When I opened it up, I couldn't stop laughing. I probably should have been crying, it was so sweet. But I was so surprised that I just couldn't stop laughing. Looking back at me -- on every single page -- was my own dog! It was such an unexpected gift and one that was so special to me. I still have it, even after all these years.

This is a gift that would be perfect for virtually anyone. A calendar of a new baby given to grandparents or aunts and uncles. A calendar of the family pet given to an away-from-home college student. A calendar of all of the grandkids given to the grandparents who live miles away. A calendar of scenic photos taken on last summer's vacation. A calendar of old photos showing the kids growing up. Or even a calendar showing family ancestors from back in the 1920's or even the 1800's.

You name it ... the possibilities are endless. Let your imagination run wild and create a special calendar for a special person this Christmas. You can order these locally or save yourself the gas money and the hassle of fighting the crowds by ordering online at Personalization Mall. Just follow the Desk & Home link.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard of a family member who created an annual "family calendar" complete with pictures, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. What a great way to keep a family connected!
DOTT

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home