Monday, October 10, 2005

The Versatile Mug

A mug has got to be one of the most versatile items you can give as a gift. First off, there are so many to choose from. And then, in addition to the standard use for a mug, there are all the other uses that people create for them.

For those of you that are coffee and tea drinkers, you probably cannot have enough mugs. For those of us who are not hot beverage drinkers, we don't "need" them like the rest of you do, but we still appreciate them.

A couple of years ago, my mom give me a gift set which included some Oreo cookies and 4 mugs with the Oreo design on them. I promptly ate the Oreos ... but then the mugs just sat in the cupboard, taking up space, but not getting any real use. Until one day, I had an inspiration! Ice cream! I could eat ice cream in the mug ... and it would keep me from eating as much as I'd eat from a bowl. So that's how I use my mugs most of the time now.

Mugs, of course, can come in different sizes and even be shaped a little differently, but the most versatile thing about them is the design on the outside. I have some from college, from places I've visited, funny ones and seasonal ones. I even have one from a church I visited this summer.

They are a great item if you are wanting to buy a souvenir for someone (like your dog-sitter or house-sitter or a family member who couldn't go with you.) Buy them throughout the year as you find something you like, or you can visit many of the places mentioned under Links in the right-hand column to order ones that are personalized or for special occasions.

4 Comments:

Blogger google nut said...

Another great blog man! What a 4 you are! I couldn't derive half the fantastic ideas that you come up with.
My garden stepping stones site is off topic but still noteworthy. Can you teach this kind of creative thinking? Is it something you were born with? Keep the fabulous ideas coming!
Lets say a prayer for Pakistan and hope for the best!!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Phoenix Patouche said...

a few years back, on my birthday, everybody gave me mugs... they're nice, yeah. i give them to people whom i don't know what to give...

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love mugs and enjoy collecting various ones - each with its own meaning. Any ideas on how to display them?
DOTT

7:05 AM  
Blogger Chai said...

I love mugs, but then, I love hot tea! And my favorite is Chai, thus my name here. I only hope that you don't give away all your mugs because maybe someday you'll develop a taste for tea! You could try "Tazo Chai" at Starbucks, and be sure to add honey and milk.

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home